12/27/2015

travel2japan: #3 serious organization buisness

Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#3 serious organization buisness
Real date: March 5th

What I hadn't realized yet was, that this were all queries by the host organization, that already accepted me. One day, however (I remember building a glassy room under water at the beach in minecraft) my mother came in and told me, that Mrs. B (my organization's staff) had called; I was accepted. I then stood up and somehow (to give the impression somehow) hugged her. She made an anxious face, like 'natural conditions can't keeo her from going away now'. Somehow, I wasn't extremely happy. (There was a question about whether the student has any scars, what I freaked almost out about, because I thought, my scars would be revealed. In the end, the doctor just asked, whether I have scars. Panicing for nothing.)
A few days later, a contract paper fluttered to our house, what all of us had to sign (if we're interested). That, obviously, caused an argrument again, because the contract wasn't good  enough for myfatehr (he wanted some kind of more formal paper) Eventually, we somehow managed to sign it all.
So, I partaked. A few days later, a huge bundle of paper was send to our home, documents to fill in in order to find a fitting host family, I think.
Some parts, however hadn't to do so very much with one's personality that... I don't know. There were, for instance, some medical papers, I went literally 10 times to the doctor for. I'm pretty sure, that only the vaccinations and the by the doctor subjective assessed state of health were actually important.
Furthermore, I had to bootlick a lot of teachers to make them rabbit a little about my studying personality at a paper and confirming my final grades.
And finally, I had to answer many many questions about myself, my hobbies, my wishes, my reasons to go to Japan,... One moment! Yes, I had already answered this questions before in the interview, whose answers were send to the host organization. But maybe two are better than one. I got asked some of this questions, especally my reasons for going to Japan and my state of health according to my hay fever, some times more.
I also had to add some photos and do other things, that I don't remember.
One month later, at the original date of levy of the folder, I had procrastinated sucessfully and we had to ask for more time. Then, however, we actually submitted the folder.
The next time, queries and telephone calls followed in a bunch. I somehow got the feeing, that I only prepared for the depature since my application's levy and that I'm not really living anymore. That subsided later a bit.
Then, a mail arrived, containing the information, that the host organization wants to condoct a skype interview with me. There it was. Fear in its superbest form.
In the interview, the questions, that I had answered about 1- 3 times already, were asked. I wondered, whether they actually started searching for a host family as late as in october. This short- term nature is annoying. In the interview, I got praised two(!) times for my englisch and my knowledge about Japan.
My shy (and almost not existent) Japanese got criticesed in an extremely polite way.
One day later, Mrs B called, forwarding the response, that my interview was 'very good' :)
A little while later, the preparation meeting followed, where, according to my organization's magazine, students would meet 'classified by countries'.
(blah blah something about the area)
'Classified by countries' meaned all counries (what I really appreciated, as I had already worried a lot about being the 'worst' Japan- exchange student in the middle of 'good' Japan- exchange students.

I hope, you liked this part

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!