1/22/2016

travel2japan #10 the first flight II

Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#10 the first flight II
Real date: March 21th

I am not really sure whether I will get something to eat at this plane and whether it costs something. (You have to know, that I really wasn't into flying at all and I had no idea on this things so I was kinda confused) I have about 8 € with me and I did not want to spend them in the pre- flight- shop- area (tax free area). Maybe, I'll buy something when I fly back. (that, unfortunately, did not happen)
The last time, I was in a plane was at my flight to berlin and now I have to realize that I am flying to Japan and I will come back in 4 1/2 month.
I've just eaten up (it, obviously did not cost something), so we now reached the half of the flight. 1 1/" hours are left. I like the plane food. There are so many diffrent boxes and caskets , what is kind of cute. I also think, that it is tasty although I did not eat everything. I am really sated now.
Everyone got the food, so it does not cost anything, I'd guess. When the boarding men asked for drinks, (before the food came), I was so frightened,of him talking Turkish to me that I said "No, thanks.". This was stupid, 'cause now I'd like to have a coke,
I read a page of  Peter Pan (the book was entirely in Japanese) with the help of my dictionary, but I do not understand very much. No, I will write down some questions for the preparation camp in Japan. (I wanted them to recognize me as a good, studious student, so I came prepared.)
I sat next to a really nice Turkish family, what spoke both German and Turkish (mixed up- it was really funny). They told me, that they are travelling for about one week to Istanbul. They had two little, noisy but cute children. Then, I read a little of Peter Pan again and told the Turkish mother about my exchange and she was really interested in it. (I am always writing "Turkish" family, as if they would be diffrent from other families, stupid)
At Istanbuรถ airport, I was a bit confused but I soon found a toilet, my gate and Karina, who is now talking a lot to me. (It basically was her talking about all kind of stuff an me listening). She is annoying -.-. I am just hoping that I'll have a seat (hopefully a window- seat) not next to her. I hope, I can get some sleep during the flight. In Istanbul, it is now about 13:00 in the noon (when else?), but I feel no jet- lag- sympthoms ;) (as if one would be jetlaged from three hours of time lag) But Karina seems to have everything prepared perfectly, what makes me really nervous. (She jsut talked about so much things in her life and was so proud and confident about everything). I secretely wished, I would meet her at first in Tokyo or that she does not pass her plane or so..

I hope, you liked this part
<--previous part (#9 the first flight I)
next part(#11 the flight to Japan)-->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!