3/25/2016

travel2japan #20 e-mail issues & the libraray


Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#20 e-mail issues & the libraray
Real date: March 30th

I think, the most words are in Japanese shorter than in German, for example is the Japanese equivalent to 'Buchweizennudel' 'soba'.
This morning, I went earlier (about half past 6) to the bathroom, but Wakari san was already in there. But, a bit later, at about 6:50, I could enter. For breakfast, I ate cornflakes. At the table, nobody said something. In TV, there was a funny show for children. 
I tried to study Kanji, but I could not really concentrate (because of the TV), so it costed about 1 and a half hours. At 11 o'clock, I went shopping with Wakari san. I am a bit tired. Sakura flowers are everywhere. We did not actually go shopping, but bought obentous, we ate under Sakura trees. We made a picknick. We went to the Sakura trees by foot. In the one yen store, we bought a small (Hello Kitty) blanket. We Wakari san speaks to me, she sometimes does not use English. 
At home, I send with the computer an e-mail to my counselor. Wakari san always wrote mails to my mail adress 1, but in Japan, I somehow can only use mail adress 2. Because of this she was a little mad at me (a few times). In Germany I, however, can use mail adress 1 (I still do not understand why I could not in Japan). This is something, Wakari san does not understand.
After that, we went in the library of Mobara (the town). There, I lent 4 books; 1 magazine, a book for children ('The little Lotte'), a book about Japanese culture and one about Japanese noodles. I already started reading the magazine and the book about Japanese noodles, but I do not understand very much. 
Now, Wakari san is going shopping. I often watch children's TV here. 
I always want to ask questions, but as I often do not know any, I am making a list with possible questions. I want to study at more diffrent places, When I buy a smaller bag tomorrow, I can do so. 
Today, I washed my clothes. But now, they are drying.
Why am I so hungry here? (I somehow had to get used to eating meals at regular times.)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!