3/21/2016

travel2japan#17 some thoughts about Japan

Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#17 some thoughts about Japan
Real date: March 26th


7. When I speak Japanese, Japanese people laugh sometimes. I hope they will understand me later.
8. Japanese people like 'kawaii' stuff. It is not just something for kids but for everyone.
9. Japanese people have funny thoughts. When I were in a one- coint- store, I saw a foil for smarthopes, so that you could take it into a bath.
10. I still have jetlag.
11. When Japanese people cook, the food is always very pretty and good- looking. The food is often served in very small portions.
12. (I have no idea what I wrote)
13. I forgot! Yesterday, I did not brush my teeth after breakfast, because I thought it may not be common here. My hostmother told me that 'dentists are expensive'
Me eating traditional Japanese food
14. Japanese miso soup is very tasty. It tastes a bit like vegetables.
15. Until now, I did not load my smartphone.
16. I think my host family is nice.


17. I think that sponges are useful.
18. When anysthing happens, people used to say 'Gomen nasai' (I am sorry) People here are so polite, in contrast to Germany.
Today was... For breakfast, I ate cornflakes. I saw the news about the plane crash (germanwings Flight 9525). It's scary. We went to the host office. I did not really understand, what papers I filled in there. Wakari san went to a shop, gave their clothes there and gave the women some money. What did she do? Did she sell her old clothes(It was a laindromat). After that, we went to a biiiig DIY store. After that, I saw in a store the game 'Dogs' for nintendo, I used to play when I was younger.
After we went home, I studied.
At about one o'clock, we went to a restaurant. It was an old restaurant. There were dark walls and we sat down at pillows. The food looked like ancient Japanese food. It was interesting。
The sport park
Wakari san went for one hour to the sports center (next to the restaurant). Around the center, there was a big, pretty park with a lot of flowers, where I studied. After that, Wakari san showed me the center. In there, a lot of famous sportsman left their signs. After we went home, Wakari san went for shopping. She wanted me to check the computer for e- mails, what I am now going to do.
~Some things  about Japan:
When you go shopping, you take a shopping bag with you in the store. At the checkstand, the cashier puts your stuff in another bag and then back in your old one with adding plastic bags where you then later fill in your stuff. When you buy an obento, you get wooden chopsticks as well. Wakari san said, I study a lot. People spend a lot time for preparatoin here.The TV is on very often. I hope I can learn a bit Japanese by watching it. Wakari san goes a bit shopping every day. Every morning, we watch 15 minutes of a TV drama. Japanese advertisements are funny, I think. Japanese people like pink very much. Here, most of the people are smaller than me. everyone is very neat and tidy, waht is very good.
I really like Japanese people. Shows are often shown to TV people, whose reaction you then can see. They are often very cute, funny and interesting. The shows are made with a lot of care. I watch them very often. I answered my mother. I study with a JLPT training book. I showed it to Kouta san (my host father) and took a shower. Now, I am alread 6 days in Japan. 6!! Till now, it was really great.
Now, I am a bit tired. Good night!

I hope you liked that part!
<--Previous part (#16 meeting my host father and going to the beach)
Next part (#18 Japanese TV and shopping)--> 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!