5/12/2016

travel2japan #58 a quick day

source

Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm now going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #58 a quick day
Real date: May 7th, Wednesday

Today morning, I actually made it to stand up at 5 o'clock and study by reading the book about school uniforms. At 6 o'clock, I went downstairs in the kitchen and waited and read a little more. After Kouta san returned from the bathroom, I went in there. Then, we ate breakfast and watched TV. Wakari san corrected my way of holding chopsticks (for the first time); I should not brace or lick them off. Breakast was delicious as ever.
We then drove to school together. There, I spoke a lot with Ami. Then, I went in the library where I chatted a little with Amber and then went on reading. The next class was Crafts, where we went on crafting baskets. I was the quickest. After that, I again went to the library. I wanted to eat a little of my obento (lunch box) so I stayed the whole lesson on the toilet, studied with my smartphone and ate a little of my obento.
In lunch break, I went to the 7 11 store, where LINE was not working again. I received some new messages on WhatsApp what I was really happy about,  but was for some reason not able to answer them. So, I went back to school. There, I ate and talked. The next lesson was home economics where our current topic is housing. I understood a bit and the teacher once asked me whether I understood. I replied that I understood the topic, yet not the question she was asking me. After that, we went to the gym to a student assembly meeting. Some guys on stage talked about the money raised and used by the clubs, what I even understood. But we returned quickly. I talked to Ami who for some reason has no club activity today.
I went to the calligraphy room, where I showed my stamps to Mitsu. For some reason, we all introuduced us the the firstgraders. Then we drew. I drew 'Life is an Adventure', written in Kanji (chinese characters) and Hiragana. I want to send this writing with the next letter, I send home. On the way back I saw the ESS club in my classes classroom. Amber was also there teaching them basic Dutch. I also added German phrases and then went home.
At home, I was the first to arrive, but Wakari san came shortly after me. I wrote a long mail to my mother, (as my hostmother has recommened me to do today morning) what made me really happy.
At dinner, I often ask for the names of food. As I had already asked for the name of 'Kaiware' (a vegetable), a few times, Wakari san exclaimed that I should know it by now. I did not ask for the rest of the foods name. While eating dinner, however, we talked a lot, mainly about home economics and I asked a lot of questions. After dinner, Wakari san explained me the corrections of the sentences, I wrote in the notebook.
Then we watched TV and I read a bit. While watching TV, we ate some kind of hot and not really tasty crisps.
Somehow, today went by really quickly. Good night.

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (
#57 Please speak Japanese)
Next part (#59 like yin and yang) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!