5/15/2016

travel2japan #61 philosophical

Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm now going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)


 #61 philosophical
Real date: May 10th, Sunday

Today, I am already in Japan for 50 days. 50 days are almost 1/7 of a year. Today, it is the 10th of May. It is mother's day and my brothers confirmation. Now, it is half past twelve in the night in Germany, so everyone is sleeping still. When it is about 4 o'clock here, the confirmation will approximately start.

Today morning, I studied a bit with the N5 training book When I came downstairs, I saw that the cat had throw up on the floor, so I whipped it away. Wakari san explained to me that it is because of the cat grass, it is eating and that it is nothing to worry about. We only talked a little, as my questions were always answered really briefly.
Today's breakfast war amazingly delicious. It cosisted of apple and vegetable juice -as always- and one sweet, round, very hot kind of bread that I forgot the name of. The first was really sweet and the seccond rather tasted like pizza- I liked both. We then watched TV and I studied a bit. I do not understand why everyone answers my questions so briefly.
Wakari san went to the gym and told me to go for a stroll. I first checked the PC, but there were no new e-mails from my mother. I also surfed a bit because I was bored. Then, I went to daiso (one coint store) and bought a Little Twin Stars notebook and an ice, I ate on the way home. It was really tasty. My hay fever was really bad. I sneezed often and I had got a runny nose. So, I put on my mask. Wakari came home. She had eobentos (lunch boxes) that we then ate. Then we watched TV. As my questions were not answered properly again, I wrote diary. Now, Kouta san will go to a neighbour's meeting because he has an important role there. Wakari san will drive him there and then go shopping, so I will be alone for about 2 hours here.
I took pictures of the house and every room in it. Then, I went to the bookstore to buy a book about EM (effective microorganisms, a topic my aunt is interested in) So, I went to the bookstore, could not find anything and therefore asked a shopsman there. He asked me to wait at a bookshelf and called for the manager or some other man of the shop who was wearing a suit. I then got given three books about EM, I should check out. After browsing through all of them, I decided to buy the book with the most illustrations and gave the other two back to a shopsman who apologized for giving me books I did not want to have. Japanese people are so nice! At home, I directly put the book into my suitcase.
Now it is half past two pm, what means that it is half past seven am in Germany. Before I went to buy the book, I sat down in the house and prayed for my family to have nice day, for my brother to have a confirmation as amazing as mine was with a nice worship, good meals and great people and for everyone in my hometown to have a good day and not miss me and for my brother to like my confirmation gift. I did not pray a lot until now in Japan but I am planning to do so in the future. God is always with me.
After Japan, I will become vegan because of videos of peta, I saw before I went to Japan. Without Japan, I would not have made so much plans for the future, would not get interesetd in the university, I want to enter, would not have read books about psychology, would not have planned out my calendar this way, would not have started managing my time and my life, I would be a child without a plan just get around but not life my live. Now, I feel like a women. Things are difficult, but I am capable of managing them, I am bigger and better that I ever was. I am me. If I would not have been to Japan, I would probably go to the confirmation today but I would go there like a child. It is better how it is now. It is weird that I used to just look forward to my departure here in Japan. Now, at this moment, I am the closest to my departure. At this very moment. The time is runing, always and everywhere. It is sad but I will not cry. (Philosophical thinking again. But Japan has brought me so much and I do not even want to imagine where I would be now without having gone there. I would certainly not write this blog, not have a plan or vision for my future and not be the way I am. I am going to post an article about what impact this decision had on my life and it was definitely a positive one.)
My stomach hurts a bit. It is almost 3 o'clock. In German, it is almost 8 o'clock. The letter has still not arrived yet. It has already taken two weeks adn two days now. My hostparents have not come home yet. Wakari san still hates me. My Japanese is still... Kouta san, my teacher and my classmates told me that my Japanese has improved but Wakari san did not. Propably she is the only one who tells the truth.(WTF?)
It is 3:15 now and my hostparents have not come home yet. I am in Japan for 50 days now, 2 month and 10 days to remain. I will go to school for another 2 month. It is summer and it is hot. Where has the spring gone? In fall, I will already be back in Germany. 4 1/2 month are an okay time. 4 month can pass quickly.
It is almost half past three. In Germany, everone is going to church now probably. If I could talk to someone, I could be distracted probably. But there is nobody. Maybe I am a problem. I do not want to be a problem. My hostfamily finally returned. My stomach still hurts.
Now, it is 4 o'clock, 9 o'clock in the morning in Germany. The worship starts. Come on, little brother, have a nice day and do your best on your confirmation. Your sister wishes you a nice day.
Together with Kouta san, I watched a sumo competition in TV and talked a lot.
Dinner was handmade sushi. For some reason, we ate really early. It was tasty. After that, we watched TV and talked a bit. Wakari san sat down at the couch as if she could not stand sitting on the same table with me. She really hates me. (She did not). At least, she is speaking a little slower now.
The whole day, I concentrated on Germany, what time it is there and what people might do there now. I was with my thoughts with my family. But somehow, I am not homesick. I am just a bit distracted. Now it is half past 2 in Germany. Probably, my brother is unpacking gifts now.
This week has already passed by but I did not do a lot of things. Today evening, I want to write a letter to myself I can read at my departure.

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (
#60 the yellow train)
Next part (#62 bliss) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!