5/18/2016

travel2japan #62 bliss

source
Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm now going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #62 bliss
Real date: May 11th, Monday

Today morning, I went in the kitchen and sat down there and read a little. After breakfast, I tried to talk but got very few answers. Wakari san drove me to school. Before that, we drove Kouta san who I had not really the opportunity to speak with this morning to the station. When I got off the car (in the near of my school), I accidently dropped my umbrella case. People from a car next to us called me back and I said 'Thank you' and took the case and went to school.
At school, I asked Kyouka about her weekend and told her about mine. But I could not remember the name of he anime, the train, we drove with, was dedicated to. In homeroom lesson, we got information papers about the upcoming test. I do now know whether I will have to take the test as well. In the first lesson, I went with Amber to the library. Next, I had biology what I did not really understand. After that, I went to Kendo (Japanese swordfighting) I remembered the names of the two girls participating there but I am not really good at Kendo.
Then, I went to my classroom for health education class, but nobody was there. At the blackboard, something about the 4th lesson was written down but I could not really understand it. My classteacher came and informed me that we are watching a film in another room in health education class. (My classteacher was so nice!) We watched a film about babies, that was a littlr tiring.
Then, I ate obentos (lunch boxes) together with my friends. My obento, again, was amazingly tasty. We made plans for going out together. Maybe the 30th of this month, we will go to take Purikura pictures. In July, we have a lot of free days; only in June is really a lot of school. Time is so short and there are a lot of things, I want to take action together with my friends. Hm.
For the next lesson, I went to the library. I will now do new list, I already did back in Germany before my departure LINK;  things I miss about Germany: 1.my family 2.making my own sweets 3.short school time 4.having more time in the week as well 5.eating whenever I feel hungry 6.saying the truth (in retrospect, I was more honest in Japan than ever in Germany) 7.Mocking around with my brother 8.Being really weird 9.Making objects myself 10.making short- term plans for activities (with friends) 11.a lot of food 12.warmth in the house 13.the TV not being on all the time 14.Not always eating at the table 15.non- white& fluffy bread 16.Really studying for school 17.Healthier food (?!?!) Okay, this is not as much as I would have expected it to be. So, now the next list; things, I hate about Japan: 1.the treatment of animals 2.having only little time 3.having problems with planning activities (because of 2.) 4.everybody having very little time 5.that my hostmother hates me 6.that I am taller than everyone 6.the separation of boys and girls 7.that I am not free 8.that the TV is on all the time yes, that is pretty much all
From the time from 5 o'clock to 6 o'clock in the morning, I usually oversleep. So now, I will not continue writing but write the rest tomorrow morning. I hope, I will then stand up at the early time.
After this lesson, then, I went to music class. On the way there, I thought about goodbye or thank you cards I want to give to everyone when I leave. In music class, I talked a little but no one answered. A boy in front of me made a really tini origami bird. The guy next to him said: 'Give it to her' and he gave it to me. Japanese people are so nice!
Then, I went back to the classroom. In homeroom class lesson, everybody got their results of the study support test. It were real books with loads of diagrams. A lot of people seemed to be sad but no one cried. I do not know whether I have to take the next test. Maybe I have to take English. After class, I waited for Ami. I saw Maikos bag on a locker but out of the classroom came only Ami so I we went to the biology room and cleaned up. There were also 4 cages with mice in it. Seriously!
Then we went back to our classroom where I saw Kyouka. I wanted to go to the club with her but as she explained me, there will not be any club activity this week, because everyone will study for the test that is so close ahead.

So, I left school together with Kyouka and Ami. I was very happy at this moment. Both of them are my friends here in Japan. Ami is sitting in front of me in class and whenever I do not understand anything, I can ask her. Kyouka is in the same club as me and helps me there. I like them very much. (I seriously remember this being such a blissful moment) Both of them went to the station, because they do not live in this town.
On the way home, I stopped to write a message to my mother, telling her that I will come home earlier. Halfway into writing, a man adressed me, asking me (in English) where I am from. I replied in Japanese. He asked me whether I am living in this city and said something with 'homestay'. I quickly said: ' I will go now, I will go.' and went on. This seriously happened. He spoke to me because I wore my school uniform and was not going home directly. So, I finished writing the message while going home.
At home, Wakari san had already read my message and was not astonished. She went for going shopping. I changed clothes, cleaned my bag and my schoolbag a little and made stuff for school. As I finished ready the book about Gyouza noodles, Wakari san made Gyouza noodles and I could watch her a little. So, dinner consisted of Gyouza noodles, algaes, sausage, tomatos and onions, very tasty. We talked while eating.
Then, I read but as the TV channel was so interesting, I could not really concentrate. I went to bed. I was tired but happy. I read for an hour and then slept. At 2 o'clock in the morning, I woke up for some reason and went to the toilet.
(I remember this being an amazingly blissful day :))

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (
#61 philosophical)
Next part (#63 every day has a number) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!