5/21/2016

travel2japan #65 plans

source
Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm now going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #65 plans
Real date: May 14th, Thursday

Today I 'lied in', meaning that I slept till 6 o'clock, but I am still tired. While Wakari san was putting a plum in my obento (lunch box), she explained me its meaning: Because it is hot, things can addle more easily and the plum somehow absorbs this and prevents foul food. We then drove Kouta san to the station adn me to school.

Before homeroom, I made some going out plans using my calendar (it is really useful!) I asked Ami, whether she has time to go out with me on the weekend of 24/25. She did not really answer clearly.
After homeroom class, I went to the library, yet sis not really know what to do.
The next lesson was crafts. I almost finished my basket but it is no pretty at all. I asked the two girl whoe are sitting on a table with me about interesting places and buildings in Japan, places worth visiting, rare foo, interesting places in Chiba, etc.. I made a list of things, I want to do here. It is quiete big already. Crafts lesson was fun.
After that, I was to the library again. Although, my family's anwer letter has not arrived yet, I started writing them an answer. Doing this, the time passed really quickly.
In lunchtime, I only ate half of my obento, the other half, I will eat tomorrow. Me and my friends made further plans for going out to Chiba. Furthermore, I showed them my list of things I want to do. They told me, that there is no cinema in this town. Also, they laughed about my misspelling of 'Kyouto'. As they read that I wanted to try out lobster ice cream (because I had heard that this existed in Japan), they googled and indeed found a place to eat lobster ice cream in a town called 'Oohara', not far from here. A girl of calligraphy club, who is living there came over to our classroom and told us that there is, indeed, the possibility to eat lobster ice cream. So, at the 24th or 25th of this month, we may go there. I am very much looking Fforward to this!
The next lesson was home economics. As we only talked the last lessons, I was bored and kind of disappointed, but next lesson, we will cook! For this, we watched a video about how to cut diffrent kinds of vegetables. I took some notes. On the way back to the classroom, Ami and Kyouka told me, that we need a an apron and a kind of scarf for our head.
In homeroom class, we again talked about the bunkasai (school festival) and what movies we will show there. Everyone had three votes. Furthermore, I got told that after the next test, everyones seat position will be changed. I do not really look forward to this as it is so great that Ami sits directly in front of me.
After homeroom class, however, we went to the biology room and cleaned there. I was somehow tired. After cleaning, I asked my biology teacher, where he knows somethign about EM (effective microorganisms, a topic, my aunt is interested in) and he explained something about Glucose and Japanses Miso soup. I did not quite understand it but it sounded interesting. Ami san had already left. I quickly went to the toilet and filled the remaining half of my obento into the other obento box, I had brought to school today. It was a little difficult.

Leaving the school, I changed my shoes and took the umbrella with me. Yesterday, I had forgotten to take it home. At home, I was the first to arrive. I wrote a message to Wakari san but she did not answer. Then, I finished writing the letter to my family that I want to send with the letter for my friends as soon as possible. Wakari san came home. She briefly (!) explained me the trains I have to take this saturday to drive to the orientation. I also asked her about my two plans of going ot with my friends. She told me: 'yes' and 'your own time is free'. Yay! (For some reason, I thought that it would be so strict in Japan, that I should better not spend too much time with my friends) So, I think it is good that I am planning my own activities. I made my laundry, washing all of my three blouses. So, tomorrow morning, I have to go downstairs early to put on a blouse.
Today's dinner was a lot of diffrent and interesting food; potato and lobster tempura, avocado, tofu, an onigiri (rice ball), strawberries and a lot of diffrent veggies and meat ad fish. It was tasty. We did not talk at all. I somehow ate quickly. After dinner, Wakari san watched TV and read a seeminly important letter and really did not say a lot. She showed me the pages in her book about Tokyo about Harajuku. It looked amazing. When I go to Harajuku, I definitely want to eat a crepe there.
I went to bed. Today, I really did not speak much with Wakari san but it is good that I got the approval for going out with my friends. I am now using both the calendar that I brought to Japan and the one I got from school. I still have to figure out the date of Kouta san's birthday. In bed, I listened a little to music with my headphones and then slept.

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (
#64 the change)
Next part (#66 talking busy) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!