5/27/2016

travel2japan #68 the second truth


Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm now going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #68 the second truth
Real date: May 17th, Sunday

Today, I woke up at half past six, when everyone still was sleeping. I wrote diary (what I pretty much missed on doing yesterday), made myslef ready and put everything in my bag to be ready to leave. Meanwhile, the other also woke up and we cleaned our room. My counselor came, checked our room and together, we went to the neighbour room to help them bed making. At this point of time, all of us were really hungry. We then, eventually, went to breakfast. I ate pan and scumbled eggs and some vegetables. While eating, the other remaining three exchange students had a huge debate about a lot of controversial topics like the world being overpopulated or people wearing burkas. It was a quite difficult discussion and I only interveined a little whereas the Japanese students did not understand a lot. Even the counselor sitting on the table next to us seemed a littl eirritated. Within them arguing, I went for bread four times what was very amusing to the Japanese students.
We went back to our room. The Japanese students were having an English test, so we stayed out and talked about our four diffrent countries what was very interesting. Nextly, we went in the classroom and each exchange student had to write some text on the board with a Japanese student helping them. It was difficult and at one point, I was struggling a lot with writing the word 'wakaranai' (to not understand). My counselour laughed but seemed a little furious ('Hopey!!') I think, it was okay, but I felt a little stupid. After this, the content was presented by the Japanese students.
I a break, Olivia and Daniele told us that they were counting calories and Olivia said that she was only eating dinner, because she is not hungry at other times. My counselor and me were extremely astonished. This would be impossible for me! After the orientation, I will visit Harajuku with Olivia.
Olivia and Daniele left and we went for dinner. I ate the 'Japanese menu' that was Ramen (noodles)! It was very tasty and I talked a little with the girls. Back in the classroom, all three Japanese students wrote their numbers in my smartphone and I said 'Goodbye' and left.
I knew the way and took the subway to Harajuku station. I had weird thoughts. This orientation passed so quickly, now it was over again. I already missed the people there. This, for some reason, made me homesick and I was sad about everything. While walking, I thought that this is now the situation adn I can either be sad about it or accept it as the reality and be happy. Happiness is a choice. (This was my second big realization) This made me forget my homesickness and sadness. 
It was only one station by subway to drive to Harajuku.
 There, I went up and down the Takeshita street what was amazing. It was full of interesting and fascinating shops, mostly about cute and pretty clothes. I looked at a lot of clothes but they were expensive, I did not bought anything. I also saw a lot of people wearing interesting outfits. I considered whether I should buy a crepe. But the thought that this migth be the last time, I visit Harajuku, made me buy one. If I buy less expensive obentos, I may save some money. So, I bought a banana strawberry crepe that was really tasty.
Still eating, I went back to the station. Although it was very early still, I did not feel like spending time any longer in Harajuku. The station was very full and not a nice place to finish the crepe. I wrote a message to Wakari san. On Tokyo station, I saw two people from Germany waiting at the same gate as me. I also realized that the time I had written Wakari I would come home at, was wrong and wrote her another message correcting this and telling her that she does not has to pick me up at the station. Then, I rode back to my home town. On the station, however, I could not pass so I went back to a machine to charge my train card. There, I also small talked a little with a women who also charged her card. Then, I could finally leave.
At home, Wakari san was in her room. While watching sumo, I talked with Kouta san who also told me that a ambulance had to come today mornign because he was sick. I think it was good that I was not there. Wakari san made dinner, we ate and she went back to her room. Seemingly, she still cannot stand sitting on the same table with me for a too long time (Again, that was not true). I did some further planning about going out with my friends. I am a little afraid that I will not be able to go. I was amazingly tired. I showered and, regardless of my tiredness, prayed (yay) and quickly went to bed.

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (#67 multikulti)
Next part (#69 she hates me) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!