7/16/2016

travel2japan #82 police & cleaning day

source: 1, 2
Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm now going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

travel2japan #82 police & cleaning day
Real date: May, 31th, Sunday

I started writing in a new color (of my 4 color pen). Up from today, I have 2 month left in Japan. How does that make me feel?
Today is cleaning day in this town from 9 o'clock to 1 o'clock, all people go out on the street and clean, Breakfast was tasty, but I just talked a little with my host family. Because Kouta san has fear of heights, I will go to Tokyo sky tree alone. I read in the magazine about it and felt like I needed some help, but nobody helped me. I read a book. Everyone was outside. It is hot in here. My counselor wrote me that she will spent the next week in America. I replied. I want to be outside with all the people as well.
Suddenly, Wakari san came inside with three kids from the neighbourhood. She gave them water to drink and told me:  'Shodou wo misete' (Show them your calligraphy). So, I got some of my calligraphy and showed it to them. It was a 16 old girl, a firstgrader, a 6 year old girl and a 9 year old boy. I cannot remember their names, but all of them ended with 'jou'. This 16 year old girl has never been to the Tokyo sky tree, so we may go there together. She is nice. They left.
Wakari san and Kouta san came back. I went to the library. First, I ate an ice there (it was chocolate with green tea and something pink- tasty!) In the library, I gave back my book and lend a new one. I spoke a little with 2 girls who were sitting there. I then searched in the near for the Karaoke shop and purikura place. Maiko had described me their place but I could not find them. When I went back to the library, the 2 girls were gone. I could have asked them, where the shops are. I bought a roll cake at the 7 11 beneath the library. It was so amazing. On the way back, I came across the sports festival of a grammar school that took place at a park near my home. I watched one tennis match and talked a little to people. At home, we ate instant noodles. They were hot yet tasty. Kouta san went to the gym.
I went for a stroll again and went to daiso (one-coint store). I bought stuff that I want to give my family and friends when I come back and at Kasumi (food store) I could try some tasty bread for free. Then, I went towards the station and stopped at a Taiyaki (fish- shaped cake) store. It was a tiny shop with just one person inside baking the cakes. I bought 2 Taiyaki and ate them on the way to the station, they were so tasty! At the 7 11, I finally bought strawberry milk from meiji, what I always had wanted to buy.
But as there was nothing interesting at the area around the station, I set out for the way back, when I saw a firstgrader from my school. I chatted a little with her and she told me that she had to go to the coaching school at 2 o'clock and showed me where the building of the coaching school is. When I asked her about the purikura place, she showed me the ion building, in which purikura shops are. I had the feeling that I was annoying her. I walked around a little and then that down somewhere near the ion building to answer some smartphone messages.
Suddenly, out of nowhere came 2 policemen. I was surprised to see them suddenly standing in front of me. They said that I had done nothing wrong, but that they have to know what foreigners are doing in their city (WTF, they could have asked the city center if they were concerned about foreigners). They asked for my name and passport and I was getting really scared. They wrote down things on a pice of paper and I felt that I was panicking, but they kept saying that it was okay for me to sit here and that I had done nothing wrong and that my Japanese is good. Then, they left. I fought back tears and quickly went home, out of fear. What was that?
At home, I talked with Kouta san after he came home and cleaned my room and the stairs. I felt speacy since the policemen came. Kouta san said that I had not cleaned since 2 weeks. That is not true, but I do not care. We ate dinner and my host family told me that we would go to Kamokura, a city with a lot of temples to visit. I am very happy about this and looking forward to going there a lot. After dinner, Wakari san went upstairs and I watched TV with Kouta san and wrote diary. Today, we will all take a bath, finally. Kouta san is preparing the bath right now. Wakari san told me something about the bath and I did not understand, but said that I did so. I think, I should fill in the rest of the water, what I did.
Today, I can eat the 3rd chocolate car, more than the half. I am looking forward to next month and everything that still is about to come. Now, my life is heaven.

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (#81 Chiba)
Next part (#83 friends & foes) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!