10/14/2016

I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm now going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments I added in retrospect)

travel2japan #85
Real date: June, 3rd, Wednesday

Yesterday evening, I was so tired, that I felt asleep before I had finished written diary. Today morning, I found my smartphone next to my bed (not where it usually is during nighttime), what isn't good. My alarm rang at 5 am but since I was so tired, I slept until 6:15 am. I chatted a little with Wakari san and ate breakfast. Today's breakfast consisted of bread, vegetable juice, scrambled eggs, water melon and tomatoes. It was tasty, but for some reason, my stomach feels really full.
Because it rained heavily today, I took an umbrella with me. Today morning, I felt that I understood quite a lot of what was said. When I said goodbye to Wakari san, however, she said something that I understood incorrectly.

At school, I chatted a little with Maiko and Ayama. Then, I went to the biology room with Maiko, where I sat down next to Ami; as usual. Because she helped me, I could write down everything correctly. Then, I went to the library (today twice with Amber), copied my "what I want to do in Japan"- list from my notebook to my smartphone and read a little in a cooking book. The next lesson was mathematics. The girl who sits in front of me and can draw so amazingly, drew a happy birthday card for an actor. After that, I went to English class. The teacher always uses pictures and Japanese words to explain English sentences. Today, we really got through the lesson quickly, the teacher was really surprised.
Before I ate my obento (lunch box), I chatted with Maiko and Kyoka, what was good. I already ate a little of my obento before math class. I should really stop eating my obento before lunchtime, it is not good. My obento was really tasty. I have the feeling, that I annoyed Kyoka a little. I, again talked to Maiko and Ayama. During lunchtime, everybody was talking about the sports festival. Today, we can choose which sport we are going to do then.
I went to the library again. Today, I asked some people about their favorite anime, but the answers were... I better ask Maiko the next time. Then, I had arts class. There, again was a trainee teacher. I continued painting my picture, coloring the flowers and talked a little to people. Maiko told me that I am able to continue drawing during weekends or free days, so I  can finish my picture. I left together with the others.
In the classroom, Eria showed me and other people pictures, she had drawn. A. m. a. z. i. n. g. The pictures were so good, they could as well have been drawn by a professional painter. Because she likes the sea and sea animals, she drew a lot of underwater stuff and it looked so realistic! She want to draw a manga comic about an underwater story. She explained a little of the story to us. I love her pictures.
After homeroom class, I talked a little to Maiko and Ayama. At the sports festival, I will run (80m) and do tug of war, the latter together with Ami. Together with Kyoka, I went to the club. There, I drew little and talked a lot, what was really fun. I sat next to Mitsu and Aina, who I talked the most with. I only drew 12 kanji, but talking was really fun and interesting. I think, Amber did not talk a lot. I did not want school to end. At time, however, I went home. When I came along my classroom, I saw that the light was turned on. In the classroom, was Maiko, who studied math. I was quite surprised. We talked a little and then I returned home. School in Japan is amazing.

At home, Wakari san was still angry (??) When I asked her, as usual, how her day went, she aped me. I made laundry and texted with my friends. I asked them, if they had ever been to Tokyo zoo. We ate dinner, that was tasty as always. We talked a little, but it was okay. A neighbour brought us souvenir from Hokkaido, some kind of sweets. Why do people always bring souvenirs to people? Anyway, we enjoyed it. It were cookies with butter cream, they were so tasty! I love them! Both of us ate 2 cookies and then, we left 2 over for Kouta san who will come home this evening. Then, I made 4 onigiris (rice balls) with nori for my obento tomorrow. It was fun. Kouta san came home, I took a shower and went to bed. For some reason, I finished writing diary early today.

<-- Previous part (#84 2 month left)
Next part (#86 coming soon) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!